[pct-l] Reality Inflation

> I own a one person Eureka Gossamer. The box says it weighs 2 1/2 lbs. The box lies! When I first weighed it, it actually weighed almost 3 1/2.

I was just hit by this kind of optimistic listed gear weight on my new Feathered Friends Rock Wren II. I'm finding the bag to be warm and comfortable, but they advertise it at 33oz. With 2 oz of extra fill and the EPIC fabric, it weighed in at 46 oz. Ouch.

(P.S. My apology for the junk I accidentally sent to the list yesterday ... I'm adjusting to a new email program.)