[pct-l] tents vs. tarps

I am pro tent. Mainly for the bug factor. Many of us have seen
mosquito's in swarms and droves. I have had to eat a meal in full
raingear and gloves just because of the mosquito's or biting flies on
the pct.
Tarps are a lot lighter. I own a one person Eureka Gossamer. The box
says it weighs 2 1/2 lbs. The box lies! When I first weighed it, it
actually weighed almost 3 1/2. I carry it now at 2lbs 14 oz after a few
no brainer things like not carrying any of the stuff sacks and trading
my metal stakes for plastic. It is a great little double wall tent.
Let the debate begin!
Tom Hopkins
Sacramento Ca