[pct-l] Radios on the trail

One of my best experiences was listening to the Public Radio station from Santa Monica (simulcast from a Palm Springs transmitter)while camped at Cedar Spring Camp along the Desert Divide, Section B.  They broadcast a live version of The Rose by Tennessee Williams ( at least I thing that's who it was). It was getting dark and the wind was howling as I laid down and fell asleep about 2/3 the way through,  how did it end?!?

I do carry a small radio with headphones,  like joggers carry. These type of radios should not bother anyone. I occasionally will listen to it in camp, but not while hiking.  It also helps you keep up with weather changes on long trips.  It is only a few ounces and does add an interesting dimension to the camping experience.

David Craft