[pct-l] Radios on the trail

I missed National Public Radio broadcasts the most while on the trail in
'94 - and I wouldn't even call myself a news junkie.  Now that KCRW (the
Santa Monica station) covers a good share of southern Calif. (with a
transmitter even in Ridgecrest) I would definitely consider a small radio or
radio/cassette player - and perhaps an occasional book on tape for places
like the San Felipe Hills or the 27-mile dryless stretch through Jawbone
Canyon (one earphone on, the other off the better to hear the panicked
rattlesnakes ;-) ).

Christine Kudija