[pct-l] week long backpack in CO

Dave,

sorry for the late response.

for your week long trip in CO, i would suggest the maroon bells snowmass
wilderness area.  a great trip would start at the capitol creek trailhead
and exit via the conundrum creek drainage, with a stop at the conundrum
creek hot springs.  you could do this all via maintained trails, but it is
much more fun to go cross country in a few places.  i did this trip last
september.  let me know if you want details on my route.
also, if you want something to really knock your socks off, try the 100
square mile area that is bounded by elk creek, animas river, vallecito
river, needle creeks in the San Juan Mountains.  there are no established
trails in this area, but there are a network of game/outward bound trails
that allow you to be on trails 30-50% of time.  this area is most rugged and
remote mountain area in CO - visually stunning.  best place to go in the
state.  but its tough to get into, and once you're in you've got trailless
13000 ft passes to traverse between the drainages.  so if you're into some
work, the rewards are amazing here.  once again, i could give details of
area if you wish.

doug