[pct-l] one final radio note

Note from non-thruhiker:

In the Sierra many, if not most people take a radio. I would not leave home
without one. Last year we were at Iva Bell Hot Springs in October when
Ginnie caught a weather report predicting a foot of snow. We beat feet it
out of there doing in one day what we normally would do in two. Sure enough.
The next day, where our car was parked was under a foot of snow.

In general reception is terrible during the day but very good at night. Most
people use earphones for this reason. In the summer the Sierra is somewhat
crowded. The attitude in the Sierra is "live-and-let-live" One tries to give
everyone else their space. I, personally, have never been disturbed by loud
electronics but would not complain if I was.