[pct-l] radio

<< Can anyone recommend a quality, lightweight radio for the trail? I don't
 need stereo. I enjoy listening to AM and also would like to pick-up NPR
 on FM if possible. Any recommendations? >>

Nimbly side-stepping the issue of whether it's a good idea or not, just
answering the question.  Brian is carrying a radio to keep him company and to
monitor weather reports while hiking the AT.  He highly recommends his Aiwa
Model CR-LA30, AM-FM-Stereo radio which weighs 2 oz, including the single AAA
battery.

BTW, he just called me from Unionville, NY.  843 miles to go, NOBO on the AT.
 He hopes to finish in time to make the ADZPCTKOP, but he's been on snowshoes
the last 50 miles.