[pct-l] headphoneless radios in the backcountry

The beauty of OUR PCT is that it also falls
within the land of the free.

free means that one can hang a rinky dink am
radio off one's backpack and turn it on,
WHENEVER THEY WANT !

Picture a line of zombies shackled to the trail,
unable to turn on their radios outloud; I get
visions of Heaven's Gate, not the GREAT AMERICAN
OUTDOORS.

steve

I remember listening to a song when I was little.  It went something like
"your rights stop at the end of my nose."

While I believe that people have the right to do what they want when they
want, I also believe that people also deserve respect.  If I want to be
bothered by disrespectful people who don't care that their radios are
disrupting everyone else around them, I will ride the New York City subway,
not hike in the great outdoors.

Belcher

multipart/alternative
  text/html