[pct-l] shoes

shoes:

I've been using the Merrell Red Desert.  I kinda have a love-hate =
relationship w/ em.

I actually bought them after reading a positive 1000 mile review by a =
thru hiker who
was sold them by a shoe salesman in Tahoe.  I think of may have been =
Henry Shires.
they were a little $, but the salesman said it was because of the added =
support.
(and of course, the goretex).

Plusses and minuses: seem to take 20+ mile walks very well, and my feet =
seem to hurt less than
with other shoes I've used in the past.  the goretex works well for the =
odd puddle or=20
whatnot you happen to run into, but when wet, all that layering takes a =
long time
to dry and they're heavy.  You can't beat the traction (and confidence) =
that the particular vibrams
they used provides.  but somehow I can't help thinking there might be =
something better, more comfy,
maybe a little lighter ?.....................(sierra nevada, JMT use)

Steve

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---