Fw: [pct-l] Seeking Advice on PCT footwear and other stuff

 I remember seeing several hikers in boots with "hamburger feet".
Personally
 I'll go with the lightweight sneakers again, even though I had large
 blisters on the bottoms of my feet. It wasn't all that bad. Just drain the
 blisters and keep them clean.

 We chose to wear the same sneakers all the way. We wanted shoes that dried
 fast in the sierra. Hiking in the melting snow and fording streams all day
 meant our shoes were going to get wet. . We were averaging 8 fords a day
 that were above our knees. (Actual count!) I don't care how good your shoes
 are at repelling water, you will get wet feet and you need them to dry out
 quickly.

 No one has mentioned that you should plan on a larger shoe size. Your feet
 will initially swell and grow larger from use. I increased my shoe size
from
 10 1/2 to 12. I wanted to go another half size bigger, but they didn't make
 a 12 1/2 in my shoe.

Ken