[pct-l] a beer story

Actually two beer stories:
When we were on the AT, Jim and I camped at Rainbow Lake in Maine.  It's a
beautiful place in the 100 Mile Wilderness.  As we arrived at the lake, we
were met by a man who said, "Follow me to the beer."  We did.  Turned out he
was out for a week fishing with some of his employees and had just had a
resupply load dropped off by float plane. Among other things (like whiskey
and wine), it dropped 9 cases of beer for three guys for three days.  The
leader dropped one of the cases of beer into the stream by our campsite
saying, "Take what you want."  We did.

Earlier in the trip, I stopped at an overlook in Bear Mountain Park to take
a picture.  I dropped my pack for a few minutes, and when I went to pick it
up, there was a bottle of Guiness sitting next to it.  It was warm, but
perfectly good.  Better than an M & M any day.

Ginny