[pct-l] Re: alternate routes

<< Seriously folks, we're off debating what is the one true hike again. I'd
almost welcome another ice axe thread.  >>

Hey, it's a February thing, which usually hangs over into March and even
April.  It's cabin fever.  I, too, hope we'll soon start seeing real debates
about gear, schedules, trail conditions -- the stuff that MAY help the class
of '01 when they hit the trail.

On that note, I've just added two gear-related items on my <A
HREF="homestead.juno.com/roy.robinson/Main.html">website</A>.  Those who are
interested in going lightweight and/or homemade might take a look at:

Poncho Plans -- Instructions for making a poncho/tarp tent that weighs less
than 10 ounces.

Gear List -- In Brian's Triple Crown section.  His basic pack weight is 19
pounds right now on the winter-time AT, and he will get it down to 12 or 13
pounds as weather improves and he hits the hiking season on the PCT.  Here's
what he's carrying.

Less than 60 days till the ADZPCTKOP!