[pct-l] pct-l responses

Steve - you asked about why people would cc both the list and the
individual.  More than half of us are subscribed to the digest.  So when we
put out a post, it can be 24 hours before we find out whether anyone
responded to what we wrote.  If they cc us at the same time they respond to
the list message, we have some idea of what responses we got, and can think
of a follow up, if necessary.  It's actually something of a courtesy to cc
the person - though for you who aren't on digest, it's a pain to get double
messages.  With the new instant archive system, we can now look to see what
is happening on various threads, so the double cc is less necessary, but
when time is tight, I don't usually surf to see what is happening on the
lists between digests.
Ginny