[pct-l] Buy a Gun, Save a Park

What a strange place to bring this issue up, but I feel I must comment:

Homicides in Canada 1990-98: 4734.
Homicides in the U.S. 1990-98: 196140.

You're more than 4.5 times more likely to get murdered in the U.S.

How do handguns for personal use make you safer again?

Walk softly,
Hike your own hike,
Don't even think of shooting anyone.

...Jess

At 10:49 PM 2/26/2001 EST, Montedodge@aol.com wrote:
> Little known fact is 10% of Fed. tax on Firearms goes to National Park
Fund.
>England and Austrailia basicly lost all rights to own firearms( for the good
>of the people of course )and now crime has tripled. Too bad they lost a way
>to inhance their parks as well. I guess their government just forgot to tell
>their bad guys to turn their guns in as well!  I'm sure our criminals are
>more  behaved and would comply with the rules if U.S. was to take away our
>2nd amendment. Having said that, I feel  no need to have or use a firearm on
>the PCT, but would feel more comfortable meeting the biggest biker in the
>world with a handgun than a nation in which only the government is "
Allowed"