From: Bighummel@aol.com [mailto:Bighummel@aol.com]
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2001 8:29 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] alternate routes

Okay, Okay, OKAY!!!! I admit it! I didn't do it!  I didn't thru-hike the
PCT.
 I didn't because:
- I hitchhiked a short section in Sth Calif.
- I didn't walk the official route because one didn't exist in 1977
- I walked a section of Hwy 395 because I was just too damn scared and tired

of the snow after nearly losing my life
- I walked out of Touloumne Meadows on the north side of the road and
hitch-hiked back in on the south side of the road, so I never actually
walked
across the road

Ah, come on, let's not start the purist war again.  I don't give a damn even

if you say "I hiked the PCT" and in reality you didn't.  Each person knows
what they did or didn't do and whether or not it was a pure PCT hike is
rather immaterial.

Greg "Did't Do IT" Hummel