[pct-l] Lyme Disease

Does anyone know of any instances of Lyme Disease occurring from trips in
the Sierras?  My 14 year old son and I spent a week on the PCT out of Cedar
Grove last June.  Starting last October, my son first showed signs of what
the doctor now believe may be arthritis in his hands.  The doctor asked
about exposure to Lyme Disease, but I'm unaware of any risk from the
Sierras.  We also have spent several in the boundary waters since 1996, but
the last time we were there was in 1999.

Thanks for any help.

Ed