[pct-l] CDT routes?

In terms of CDT routes the trail does not go through or "near" Santa Fe.
OTH, it does pass through the Santa Fe National Forest. A trip from the Lake
City area, say Spring Creek Pass, to perhaps Cuba, NM which is "near" Santa
Fe is possible. However there are numerous options and opportunities for x-c
travel, especially in Northern New Mexico. Another consideration is the time
of year you intend to hike as the South San Juan Mountains typically recieve
the bulk of snow in S. CO and N. NM. It all depends upon your comfort level
at high altitude as well as x-c travel and negotiating old snowpack.

Regarding information I recommend Alternative Routes for the CDT. If you
want more specifics feel free to contact me off list.

White_Root@yahoo.com

David Patterson