[pct-l] radio's and walkman....

One time I took my Sony Sportsman radio on a backpacking trip to Pt
Reyes National Seashore. Although I was all by myself in that beautiful
place...I felt like I was walking down Market St in San Francisco. I was
listening to a Giants baseball game on KNBR, "the 50,000 watt flame
thrower." I guess it might be different on a thru hike. I have done 500
miles of the pct...from below Whitney to Sierra City the past two
summers. I don't think I would want or need music when I do it again.
Who knows? It might be good company on a 6 month hike.
Tom Hopkins
Sacramento Ca