[pct-l] Thanks Owen!!

 I thought I was the only surviving Jethro Tull fan left!! I have never used
a radio on the trail, but having weather info close at hand could be useful.
As far as Cd players and music goes, to each his own as long as the person is
careful not to disturb others. I did miss music on my PCT trip in the " Dark
Ages". When I got off the trail, every other song was from the Fleetwood Mac
" Rumors" album. Also all the women were wearing those ugly " Cowl Neck
sweaters"  Disco was getting big and Elvis was Dead. Thru-hikers were not a
hot item at the Disco halls as we found out by thumbing out to Huntington
Beach from Cedar Grove one weekend. All the guys at the dance tried to look
like " Bee Gee wantabees" and our 2 month beards and dreadlock hair left us
standing against the Loser wall at the dance. Of course , this was probably
for the best as dancing in 4 lb. vasque boots and wool pants didn't make a
pretty picture. signed Dr. Brogenbroom