[pct-l] Re: Butch's passing

Butch was, indeed, a special person; reading of his death has saddened my
spirit more than I would have first thought. I live in Florida, and on our
500 miler last year, we stopped off at VVR for a resupply. Butch not only
greeted us as old friends with his first beer offer, but arranged for my
companion to get down to Fresno for a refit, a trip of no small undertaking.
Sadly, it is as though a piece of that trip and the wilderness has
disappeared forever, but there is some consolation in knowing Butch as that
person who considered not himself first but others, in that place we were all
lucky to cross paths: Vermilion Valley Resort. Long live the memory of Butch
Wiggs and his cherished VVR !