[pct-l] Music on the trail

Charlie,
Sorry you've been burned with your music questions.
As for me, I would recommend anything for the trail
whether it be a "tye-dye" style CD player and 10 discs
(honestly, he did it) down to one of those little
mini-disc'er or mini mini mini am/fm thingymabobs,
there is nothing like a little boogie-wooogie hitting
your soul while the troogie-stoogies are hitting your
sole.  I myself went from mini mini mini, to walkman,
to nothing, to trading someone a pair of hiking poles
for another radio, to borrowing mini-disc players.  I
can nearly guarantee sometimes you'll be craving
music, needing it to charge you through the day, while
other days will leave you not even thinking about
plugging those phones into your ears.  What is
important though, are those earphones, and resupply
tapes/discs in your bump boxes.
While I subscribe to the tree huggin ethic of hiking,
and have much to say about the importance of "the
sounds of nature", don't let anyone mess with your
music.
P.S. if starting in Campo with only an am/fm, the
first 500 miles of guaranteed radio are two channels.
one of a latin theme, and the other a fuzzy
public/christian/this is a test of the emergency
broadcast system station.  good luck!
-Amigo