[pct-l] package service for thru hikers

If it were me offering a package service, I would pass on trying to get those
on a limited budget to use my services and concentrate on the financially
secure. There are plenty of thru hikers just scraping by and practically
living out of hiker boxes or still tied to their parents purse strings.
They're unlikely to use a package service unless Mom and/or Dad balks or
tires of at traipsing down to the Post Office every few days for 6 whole
months to mail a package. There are many hikers, too, who can afford to take
6 months off from work or even retired young. Hell, I even met one couple who
hired someone to follow them around in a motor home and they practically
slack packed the entire PCT! (I'm NOT defending this behavior)Then there are
the Canadians and other foreigners who could really benefit from such a
service especially if it was expanded to purchasing food as well as mailing
it. And lets face it, most stops in Northern California, Oregon and
Washington (Ashland and Cascade Locks excluded) leave something to be desired
in the way of selection for those purchasing their food along the way. And
another warning to those prepackage everything. Variety is the spice of life.
Better make sure you really really like those clif bars because you're quite
likely to loath the taste of them after eating them for 30 days with another
120 still to come in packsages