[pct-l] self arrest

>Don't look at me. I choose to self arrest with hiking poles and small
>rocks.
>;^)
>

>Troubadour

with all due respect mister troubadour sir.  that would never work on a firm
snow slope except possibly at the exact instant you fall before you pick up
any speed.  if you missed this very small window, you better hope there is a
good run out.  an ice axe would dramatically improve your chances of self
arrest both at the instant of fall, and as you are picking up speed.

skywalker