[pct-l] Ice Axe Questions

I am 6-4, do a lot of alpine mountaineering, and have used a 90 cm
 ice axe for both steep snowy slopes as well as "a walking stick"
on less steep slopes- since 1973 or so...been  very happy with it.

I also have a 2nd ice axe- 55 cm in length that is light as it gets- titanium.
I use this one for shorter trips up steep slopes- such as a long day-hike
where I am traveling light and fast. I do miss the extra length but for
one day up a glacier and down it is not to nerve racking.