[pct-l] PCT GPS mapping -- Why I am doing this

Bob Ballou of the PCTA asked me to do this because it is necessary to manage
the trail. For example, a ugly tower was erected less than 1/4 mile from the
PCT. The erector argued that he didn't know where the trail was.

Wilderness Press sent me the ORIGINAL maps that Jeff Schafer created.
Reason? If we didn't have electronic maps we wouldn't have a guidebook in 5
years.

Tom Elkman of topo trails asked me to do this so that he could provide a
definitive map of the PCTA.

I am doing this because I enjoy the company and comradrie of people very
different from me; people who will blow off their career to walk for four
months; people with different experiences and values than mine. In short, I
am doing this for the fun of it.

I don't really care why you want to help, just that you do.

TOM

To:            reynolds@ilan.com, pct-l@backcountry.net