[pct-l] ACL Blow outs

 Yes Sir Billy Bob, I myself had one of these very things happen  to me.
Plumb blew out my whole right knee( ACL and the munecus) trying to play
football in the old timers game! ( Thinking I was still young and
indestructable) I now am the proud owner of a new ACL thanks to the hamstring
lingament that was snipped out of the same leg and a couple of stainless
steel screws. Thank God for treking poles. This was done 10 years ago and the
repair is still doing fine! Had the big surgery in early Feb. and was
climbing up to camp Muir in late June. As stated before, hard work and you'll
be good as new. ( though I would pass on handball and tennis for awhile)
Thought after I lost that knee I might have to super glue my butt to a kayak
seat for any outdoor fun. ( Luckily I was wrong) You should be back to speed
in 4 to 5 months. Good luck Joann.