Re: [pct-l] raw food

<< If animals don't die of degenerative diseases, then why do they die? Not
 all of them get eaten or succumb (t)o illness.... Isn't 'old age' a result
of  degenerative diseases?  >>

We human-type critters live in an unnatural world.  We are at the top of our
food chain.  Most of us on this list have been "out there" enough to know
that very few of our fellow creatures die of old age.  They get to be just a
bit over the hill, let's say 39-plus? in homoterms (master-class if you're a
runner), and you lose first your mate and then your life.  Forget about
"declining years" if you're a natural critter.

Do you doubt this?  Try scuba diving if you really want to know how it is.
June 13, 1996, Shark Alley, Moorea (from my diving log.)  "Many black-tip
sharks to 5-6 feet.  We were placed on rocks around an arena while the
divemaster brought down (the remains of) a goat", which the sharks truly
loved.  Divers are out of their element, i.e., not at the top of the food
chain.  It's an educational experience.  This was, obviously, a staged event
for us tourists.  However, I have never been diving in the open ocean and not
experienced some anxiety about what might be just out of my vision, checking
me out for dinner.  Like Clint said, "Do you feel lucky?"  BTW, if you hike
in grizzly country you're not at the top of the food chain.

To:            pct-l@edina.hack.net