[pct-l] PCT industrial, agricultural and urban development

I spoke to the PCTA today and learned something.

The PCT National Scenic Trail Comprehensive Plan (USDA Forest Service 1982)
is the document that the Gov't uses for setting use policies along the PCT

It says (in part):

================
It (the PCT) is a linear interpretive facility that displays throughout
it's length a changing landscape reflecting a diversity of land and
resource management objectives from preservation "national parks and
wilderness" to industrial, agricultural and urban development; and affords
opportunities to reflect on the history of development and growth of the
Nation and its people by identifying and interpreting nationally
significant cultural and historic sites.

Bet you didn't think the PCT was a trail through "industrial, agricultural
and urban development" did you?

Well, the Forest Service does.

Food for thought.

Also, if anyone can help in finding copies of this document for sale
anywhere in the vast halls of da Gub'mnet I'd appreciate it. The only copy
I know of belongs to the PCTA. I'd like to read it cover to cover.

Thanks.

-Brick