[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #1283

I am planning a trip on the Pacific Crest trail which will take me (I am
disabled), my service dog, my Kiger horse, my trail guide (he is disabled)
and his horse from Mexico to Canada---in 90 days.

I have a non-profit  www.avdiiservicedogs.com  which raises, trains, and
places service dogs with adults and children who suffer from Brain
Disorders.  I will be making this ride because (a.)  being disabled does not
keep one from taking great adventures and enjoying life, (b.)  a Kiger horse
is able to perform in endurance events, (c.)  this is a ride-a-thon to
generate funding for our non-profit so that we may continue to help our
disabled clients.

Is there a group of people who are saying that I do not have the right to do
this?  Is it being said that our use of the trail will be more destructive
than that of others who are on foot?

I am still going to make the ride.  Exclusion and discrimination are not new
to those of us who are disabled.  It is just one more eye-opener to see that
no place is free of discriminations.
Cheryl Ross, President and Exec. Dir.
Avdii Service Dogs