[pct-l] trail racing

Brick - I am willing to strike a compromise. I will not object to organized,
regulated trail races on the PCT in multiple use areas as long as you stick
to your statement that they should not be held in wilderness areas. Sorry if
I misinterpreted your position, but I believe that the original question was
about organized races on the PCT. Guess I assumed that meant the entire PCT.
As to being hostile, it is very true that I can go overboard sometimes in
defense of my beloved wildernesses, but I see it as a duty and responsibility
to these places that have given me and others great joy. I have been absorbed
by them and feel compelled to speak out when I feel that they or the human
experience in them are threatened. (Yes, I know, who am I to say what's right
or wrong - I just try to go by the wording of my Bible, the 1964 Wilderness
Act.)I came to Big Hummels defense because I sense that he feels that way too.