Re: [pct-l] If there were no horses...

At 08:55 PM 10/13/00 , CMountainDave@aol.com wrote:
>   Brick -   So I take it you would do away with the group limit size in the
>wilderness and allow one hundred people to enter wilderness on one permit,
>then two hundred when the races gain popularity, then 500 and so on and so
>on.

As far as I know, there are no trail races in any area that requires a
wilderness permit, or operates under a quota. Group limits, as Sierra
Weekend hikers normally think of them do not apply. However the races are
conducted under permits from the regulating agencies (USFS and BLM,
usually:State parks sometimes), and generally have group size limits that
are determined by the agency when they issue the permit.

>  Where is the flaw
>in my logic?????Group size limits are there for a reason. If you can't figure
>out why then sadly, that's your problem.

Why are you being so hostile? I NEVER said that races are, or should be run
in wilderness areas. I only said "on the trail." YOU assumed wilderness.
Very little of the trail is actually within designated wilderness areas.
There are no races I know of that run within designated wilderness areas,
or operate in areas with trail head quotas.

>And P.S. I thought we weren't supposed to get
>personal in our posts. As this list's moderator , shame on YOU for doing so.

I am not a moderator, I am an administrator. I am allowed to have an
opinion, just like you.

When you signed up on the list you were send a message that said:
"PCT-L is an unmoderated list that provides a forum  "

The only rules on this list are "no flames, be polite" and "keep on topic."

I can't see how "Shame on you" and "HOW DARE YOU " can be construed as
flames or even impolite.

-Brick