[pct-l] Re: I carry less overall weight......

I was a long-distance hiker 20 yrs. ago. I'm a weekender now, but I'm preparing to thru hike the PCT in 2001 so I think I qualify.

I read this list for two reasons: (1) trip journals (2) gear/food reports as they apply to the LONG HAUL. I appreciate everyone's input on the food issue. I'll end up "eating my own eat," but I'm getting good ideas on how to flesh out my standard Five
Faithful meals.

Katt

"PS: Is this list dominated by thruhikers? I don't know. Certainly many even
most have thruhiked and/or long-distance hiked and many more are planning to
do one or the other.....but.....what most on this list seem to ACTUALLY DO
is 50-200 mile section hikes. The question: What percentage have hiked over
200 miles in a single hike [my understanding of the ALDHA definition of a
long-distance hike]in the last three years? I don't know."