[pct-l] Re: [CDT-L] Re:thanks and a question

----- Original Message -----
From: <KBerger466@aol.com>
Well, let's see: The book is 65,000 words long. My royalty is, give or take,
a dollar a book. I'll be thrilled if we sell 10,000 copies. (The book took
me three - four months of full time work to write.) If I use 2,000 words
from 30 fellow hikers, and give a percentage of the royalties based on the
percentage of words, that would mean that I would owe a total of about  $300
and each of you would get $10.00.

How about a donation to the trail organziations, instead?

What a great idea!  :-)  [I forgot the smiley face on that previous message,
btw....]  A $100 donation to the trail associations of each of the Triple
Crown trails from the denizens of AT-L, CDT-L, and PCT-L.
Might be good advertising for the lists, too...

BTW, I'm in the middle of your _Where the Waters Divide_ -- my second
reading of it -- great book. I look forward to reading the new one (that's
$1 for you! :-) ).

Karen