Re:[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #1159

>  >>
>Jerry is teasing us with his spaghetti........ where's the recipe?!
RECEPES

RAMAN BEEF STEW
1/3 cup dried mixed veggies
1/3 cup dried ground beef
1 pkg. Raman noodles only
Boil beef and veggies together. Add noodles at the proper time. Strain when done. I use a piece of netting.
1 pkg. McCormick Homestyle gravy mix
1 tsp. dried onion flakes
Add the gravy mix, onions, and the stuff you boiled together in a quart Ziploc. No clean up. Add a squirt of canola oil to restore taste (fat).

SPAGHETTI
1/3 cup dried commercial sauce. Run the sauce through a blender both before and after you dry it. If done properly, it should be a powder. Mix it with about a ¼ cup of hot water in a snack bag, kneading the sauce. It will reconstitute almost instantly.
1/3 cup dried ground beef
1 pkg. Raman noodles only
Boil noodles and beef together. Strain both through netting. Add all of it to a pint Ziploc. No clean up. Add cheese and a squirt of canola oil.
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese

CHICKEN RAMAN STEW
1/3 cup dried mixed veggies.
 1 pkg. Raman noodles only
1/3 cup dried canned chicken. Run chicken through hand operated plunger type chopper until it is chopped fairly fine. It will reconstitute almost instantly.
Boil veggies. Add noodles, then chicken at the right time. Strain.
2 pkgs. Lipton cream of chicken Cup O Soup
Add everything, plus a cup or so of water, to a pint Ziploc. Stir. No clean up.

VEGETABLE BEEF OVER RICE
1/3 cup mixed veggies
1/3 cup dried ground beef
Boil veggies and add beef just before they are soft. Strain.
1 cup Minute rice
1 tsp. dried onion flakes
Canola oil
Add everything, plus about a cup of boiling water, to a pint Ziploc. No clean up.

CHILI WITH RAMAN
1/3 cup dried ground beef
1 pkg. Raman noodles only
Boil noodles and beef until done. Strain.
2 tbsp. Chili powder
1 tsp. dried onion flakes
Add chili powder, onions, good squirt of canola oil and a little water to pot. Simmer for a bit over a low flame.

BEEF STEW OVER RICE
1/3 cup dried veggies
1/3 cup dried ground beef
Boil veggies and beef until done. Strain.
½ tsp. dried onion flakes
1 pkg. McCormick Homestyle gravy mix
½ cup Minute rice
Add everything, plus ½ cup boiling water and a squirt of canola oil, to a pint Ziploc.

STOVE TOP STUFFING AND CHICKEN
1 tbsp. Butter Buds
1 cup Stove Top Stuffing mix for chicken
1/3 cup dried chicken
1 and ¼ cup boiling water
Just dump it all in a Ziploc

TUNA RAMAN AND CHEESE
½ pkg. Kraft Mac and Cheese Cheese powder
1 pkg. Raman noodles only
1 tbsp. Dry milk
1 tbsp. ButterBuds
1/3 cup dried tuna
1/3 cup dried peas
If you do the tuna like I do the chicken, it will reconstitute pretty quick, as will the peas. Boil them and noodles in 1 cup water. Pour all of it, plus everything else, in a Ziploc along with a squirt of canola oil. Add water if needed. I like this better than regular MacNCheese because its faster and no clean up.

Secret Hamburger Technique
Brown X pounds (I usually do 4 – 5 pounds at a time and store it in the freezer) extra lean ground chuck. As it is browning, add Sweet Basil and fresh garlic to taste. Break up the ground beef as much as you can. If you want it to keep for an extended time at room temperature, rinse it in a strainer in the sink until you feel you’ve gotten out as much fat as you can and don’t bother with the garlic. It should end up pea gravel sized when dried. I use a store bought dehydrator. I dry it until it is rock hard. If you’ve made it in small enough chunks, it will reconstitute as the water is coming to a boil. It will also reconstitute in cold water in 5 minutes or so for tacos, etc. I use 1/3 cup in most things I make, except chili. It tastes pretty much normal, if you know what I mean.

Hope this helps. If anyone is interested, I'll add others as I make them. I'm working on simple curry chicken right now.
Jerry

Sign-UP for your FREE Backpacker Email at http://www.backpacker.com/email
P.S. Click here to get a FREE trial issue of BACKPACKER:  http://www.backpacker.com/subs/home.rhtml/I9KF001