[pct-l] PCT Dreaming

My PCT '99 anniversary was last Friday and so I've decided to re-hike it
all over again -- in my mind.

Today I'm hiking from about 6 miles past Mt. Laguna, hear the head of
Storm Canyon, to a couple of miles past Chariot Canyon.  As I was
shivering in my tent last night slurping some Lipton noodles and watching
it snow, two other hikers -- who introduced themselves as "Shirt" and
"Packrat" (what's kind of names are those????) -- pulled in and camped
nearby.  It will be about an 18-mile day today, cold and blustery in the
morning -- with snow on the ground -- but warm nicely in the afternoon.
I passed up another hiker today who introduced himself as "Homebrew."
Doesn't anybody have a normal name out here?  It's so windy where I'm
camping tonight that I don't want to risk shredding my tent so I just
slither under the brush and make the best of it.  Can't wait for tomorrow
when my wife will pick me up at Scissors Crossing and take me to Julian
for some real food and a shower.  God knows I need both.

Henry

somewhere along the way...