Re: [pct-l] PCT Dreaming

For years I started on April 2nd, in my mind, and retraced my daily steps on
the PCT all of the way to September 11th.  At first the memories were so
vivid that I could each day remember where I was and where I was going, who I
met and what I did, without any memory trigger required other than the day of
month.  Later, as the memories lost some of their shimmer, I referred to my
notes.  In this way, over the years, I chiseled the memories into the rock of
my brain.

The rock is eroding a bit these days.  I guess that I am going to have to
just refresh them in a more intimate way!

I'll be at the ADZ on Saturday and look forward to seeing everyone.

(Now that almost all of the thru-hikers and section hikers have left the
list, let's start trashing them while their not looking!  I'll start.   How
many think that Monte has lost his mind?)

Best regards,

Greg "Strider" Hummel