[pct-l] AT verses PCT

> The AT may be steeper, but it's a lot closer distance between towns and
> resupply points. I would say the average pack weight between the AT and
PCT
> would be higher per hiker on the PCT ( you need to pack your food
farther )
> Even though the trail may be steeper, it's easier packing 25 lbs at 4000
ft.
> than 45 lbs. at 9000ft. Killer storms are more rare on the AT. No ice axe
is
> really needed on the AT. Water is less of a problem on the AT ( no need to
> carry as much as compared to the desert ) If rain is a problem on the AT,
> it's just as bad in Washington. In Washington, we get the most snow in the
> World, bar none.

Actually Monte up here in Alaska on the north side of Denali we get higher
snow levels then anyplace in Washington state sees or the world being the
most northern Mountain that high, true its at 20,000 ft..but you said
anywhere in the world bar none!  It's been said the North side will get over
2000-3000 inches of snow a year.
Sorry I had to go so far to make a point but hey..I'm an asshole like that!
Cheers
Dharmabum