Re: [pct-l] On Training for Hikes

"When you feel the winds of change, build a windmill, not a windbreak"

> >I try to train in three ways.  I put on my pack, with a 3 gallon water
> >bottle and some other junk in it, climb on the treadmill set at 14
degrees
> >up 2-3 mles per hour (or more if energetic.
Don't worry I know how you feel...I once had to do flatland training as well
before I moved up here to Alaska ten years ago!  The training gets easier
when you in the mountains, then it doesn't seem like training at all!
Cheers
Dharmabum