[pct-l] Introduction and Comments

Hello All,
     Myself and Katrina Kole will be starting our PCT thru-hike on April
21st or 22nd.  Our goal is to complete the hike by September 22nd.  I am 40
years old, but Katrina is considerably younger.  This trip has been a
life-long goal of mine since I hiked into Desolation Wilderness in 1968 at
the age of 9.  We have been preparing and training for this trip since
2/14/00.  I am an experienced backpacker, but have never taken a trip over
3 1/2 weeks.  I have hiked most sections in Central California and sampled
many areas in Northern California and Oregon.  Additionally, I have hiked
some 300+ miles of the Florida Trail and 200+ miles of the Appalachian
Trail.  Katrina is a novice hiker with exceptional stamina, physical
ability, and a love for the outdoors.

     Our plan includes 26 resupply points, no crampons, no umbrella, full
tent (Kelty Zen), no pads, dragonfly stove, and titanium fuel bottle and
cookpot (2 qt.).  We are doing our best to keep pack weights down, but
water and food weight are real problems.  Expect weights for Katrina's pack
to range between 19 and 29 lbs and mine between 24 and 37 lbs.  This
includes water and food, but not base (worn clothing.  I consider this to
be light to medium pack weights.  Ultra-light doesn't seem to suit us.  Our
longest time between resupply is eleven days.

Comments or questions are welcome, but should be addressed to PCT-L list so
that all may benefit from the knowledge as I have.