Re: [pct-l] Various useful/less comments

In a message dated 3/17/2000 Dave Stockton writes:

<< buy about a pound and a half of hamburger,
 then ask them to rewrap it in 1/2-lb portions
 and freeze it.... Two days later the last portion
 was still partially frozen, despite S.Cal temps,
 and my stews were much more satisfying (read:
 fantastic!) those evenings. >>

Be really cautious about eating partially thawed meats.  My son, Brian, used
some in his spaghetti sauce a few years ago on a Sierra hike, and has never
been sicker in his life.