Re: [pct-l] Alcohol VS Mr. MSR

PS Alcohol is light but I
> have never got into the 5 to 6 minute boil times claimed with any of my
three
> alcohol burner. Is this per cup?? Not quart for sure. My east german stove
> works well. Maybe I just lucked out.
> * From the PCT-L |  Need help? http://www.backcountry.net/faq.html  *

  Yeah Monte it this 6 minute boil for real or fantasy?  I mean a gas stove
going like a welding torch is just 3-2 minutes faster, that has to be under
ideal conditions like in your back yard with a cooler of beer close by and
the steaks sizzling on the grill and "oh geez that seems like five minutes!"
.

  I'd love to try the tuna can thing though..can somebody email me a copy of
that design..ok I ignored it the first few thousand times it was posted..I'm
guilty!
I may give it a try until the High Sierras when its back to old trust Mr.
Whisperlite.
Thanks
Dharmabum64 PCT 2000