RE: [pct-l] Today's tip

Re: Two Stoves

I have carried two stoves ever since the weight dropped to 3 ounces for one.
A spare weighs less than a repair kit for a MSR.

It is not clear to me that saving fuel saves overall weight. If you can
simmer food for the 12-20 minutes necessary for most standard rice and pasta
your food choices increase dramatically. Whenever you can camp near water I
suspect you will save weight and eat better.

Twinkies on the trail:
As many of you know, I carry a BakePacker on the trail. I cook my own cake.
Monte and Jim should check this 4 ounce device out. Monte because he likes
to eat, Jim because baking becomes really worth it when there are two people
at camp.