[pct-l] PCTResearch

> I'd be willing to bet that the hiker
> who ate nothing but Twinkies on the trail, in any quantity desired, would
> proceed to lose weight rapidly as his or her health spiralled ever downward.

One of the possible outcomes of PCTResearch will be to see if all trail
diets are equal in supplying the necessary fuel to maintain extended periods
of physical activity. I'll be looking at 20 trail diets in detail and
analyzing them for nutritional content and then matching the outcomes with
trail performance and changes in the physical body.

Rusty "MyTie" Johnston
pctresearch@pcthiker.com | Long-distance backpacking research
http://www.pcthiker.com | experience the Pacific Crest Trail