[pct-l] Of Tents and Tarps.......

   On one hand you have a weight savings, open air, cool breezes on hot summer nights.  On the other hand you have bug free protection, no scorpions in my sleeping bag, a safe harbor from blowing rain, and a place to call home.   Sorry the tent is going... while the tarp people are spending all their time finding rocks and the perfect trees to lash their tarps too I'll have my Walrus micro Swift up in a minute and be digging into my Lipton's by minute two!  For the weight savings of just a pound and a half it's not worth it.  I'm a big hiker I'll pack extra cliff bars for that extra pound or two.  Sorry no room for the rest of you......
Dharmabum

GIF image