[pct-l] Eric Ryback

I just finished reading "The High Adventure of Eric Ryback" again. I found
the book in our local public library. For those of you who have never heard
of him, the book is about his story of walking the PCT in 1970. He is
supposed to be the first person to hike end to end. I read it the first time
back in the late 70's when I was in high school. Things were really
different along the trail, or whatever it was, back then in 1970. I didn't
know that Mt. Adams used to be in southern California. Was it still there or
had they moved it to Oregon when some of you guys hiked the trail in the
late 70's. I was amazed at his ability to tick off 25 and 30 mile days,
hiking off-trail with only a compass. From the story his resupply drops were
350 miles apart, he makes it sound like he didn't supplement his food supply
along the way. Anybody else remember this book? Where is Eric now???

Visit http://freeworld.excite.com