[pct-l] Goforth does annual ritual rain and snow oddesey

I am in Anza, very much enjoying Pat Ziegler's and Paul Miller's
hospitality and company.  I hope that others will meet these two special
folks and find the respite at "Hiker's Oasis".  IS THE CLASS OF 2000
LISTENING? HEADS UP ALL YOU POTENTIAL THRUHIKERS: RESPUPPLY AT ANZA AND
AVOID THE BIG ELEVATION GAIN AND LOSS AT IDDYLLWILD.

Actually, I am beginning to suspect that my presence at Anza or in the
immediate environs of Pat's and Paul's presence creates a VORTEX in
which wind, rain, and snow are drawn into the Southern California
sphere. Of the 7 days that I have spent in Southern California, 6 have
been windy, very rainy, and last night snowy as well.  I have managed to
do 2 good days of digging, shoveling, and pickaxing to work on trail
tread, and than walked North out of Warner Springs bound for Anza. It
was good to  be back on the PCT  and walking again, but I was amazed at
how stiff I got in 3 days of walking. Tomorrow I go back to near Warner
Springs (Oak Grove) to hopefully put in 10 days of trail maintenance.
However, I am having a strong and continued presence on the Southern
California weather and the weather forecast looks, if this is possible,
worse than it has been.

For all you potential PCT spring hikers, let it be known that I have
made this long, arduous, and expensive trip just so that the potential
wet weather that might otherwise occur in April and May, is now being
dumped on my environs NOW. Some kind of purification thing going on I
guess.  I should get used to by now.  Anytime you want to erect a statue
in my honor at either end of the trail, I will sanctify your efforts.

Ever and anon the rainy maiden,
Goforth