Re: [pct-l] Questions?

John,  Web site for  <A HREF="http://www.edisonlake.com/">"Vermilion Valley
Resort - Home"</A>  and info on resupply

TempeMike

Package Service
The Vermilion Valley Resort offers a Package Service for hikers traveling the
John Muir Trail / Pacific Crest Trail. Packages can be mailed either UPS or
US Mail. US Mail is the preferred method.

US Mail:
Vermilion Valley Resort
P.O. Box 258
Lakeshore, Ca. 93634

UPS:
Vermilion Valley Resort
c/o Rancheria Garage
62311 Huntington Lake Road
Lakeshore, Ca. 93634

There is a $6.00 handling charge collected at the end of your visit.
Vermilion Valley Resort at Edison Lake is approximately 2 hours from the
nearest US Post Office or the UPS drop point. Because of this we only pickup
packages once or twice a week, keep this in mind when planning your package
arrival date and to post that date on your package with your name. This helps
us when storing packages. We have never lost a package using this system.
Packages are limited to 25 lbs each. Any packages left or not picked up by
the specified date, will not be held for more than 45 days unless special
arrangements are made. Otherwise we place the food in a hikers box for other
hikers in need of extra supplies at no charge. Packages can be returned for a
small shipping/handling charge, plus postage. Our ferry service, The Edison
Queen , travels on Edison Lake from approximately June 1st to October 1st
depending on the back country snow conditions and demand. The daily schedule
is:

Depart Resort
Morning: 9:00 am
Afternoon: 4:00 pm

Depart Mono Creek
Morning: 9:45 pm
Afternoon: 4:45 pm

The ferry runs seven days a week with special runs upon request. The boat
dock at
the mouth of Mono Creek, is less than 1 mile from the main trail. Our regular
services include Restaurant, Grocery Store, Motel, Tent Cabins and Marina.
Backpacking supplies, including white gas by the ounce, food, and limited
clothing are available, as well as hot showers, laundry and telephone. It has
been a tradition at the VVR to offer the long distance thru-hiker the first
beverage and one night in the hikers tent cabin at no charge. Mastercard and
Visa are accepted.

< 3---What is the charge to recieve packages at
Vermillion Resort?  Is it worth staying at?>