Re: [pct-l] snow in southern california

Yes it gets cold...I was there in that same snow before we
went overseas.  But, the previous several years were high
and dry and warm (I go down to SoCal every winter
from NorCal.)...

So you takes your chances as Pogo says...probablity is
better for dry, as this year is still only 23% of normal
in SoCal; where we are now running almost 110% of normal
in NorCal. (We just spent 3 weeks down in SoCal- got a
little wet one day otherwise 20 marvelous days of sunshine
and dry weather.

I will let you know we are  climbing Baldy this weekend and
will be in Joshua Tree and Death Valley for a couple weeks
if plans don't change (or it storms!)-- BTW- last years' storm
lasted 1 day as Margo said, but then most of it melted
and it warmed up nice (65F)..but that one day was
a ripsnorter: the winds went to 80 mph where we were
(Borrego Springs, over the "hill" from Warner Springs) in the evening.

Rich