RE: [pct-l] Go Lite packs

>>I have actually tried out said sleeping bag Golite has and I found my
"North
>>Face" (Wham!) to be lighter and have more warmth.

So far I believe that the Golite product line is inferior to:
1-Glen's GV4 pack. The GV4 has a hipbelt and appears to be well thought out.
Of course Glen doesn't claim that 60 pounds is do-able but he has actually
tested it on the PCT.
2-The Wanderlust Nomad Lite. At below two (2) pounds, this tarp-tent appears
to outperform any tarp big enough to be useful in any weather.
3-Any decent down bag-I just sold two North Face bags. They were roomy, warm
and weighed less than three (3) pounds. I cant see the point of a synthetic
comforter on the PCT [maybe the AT] unles you were carrying a golite tarp
instead of a tent. [As most people know, a really good 20 degree down bag is
about 32 ounces]

Some of the other Golite gear appears well thought out. I may try it.