[pct-l] Weight lose on the trail

I noticed most people hiking the trail lose their " City Fat " within the
first month of hiking. After that, weight lose becomes slow or none. You
could eat like a pig everynight and still lose weight when hiking all day. If
a fat old man like me can hike 31 miles with a 45lb pack, anyone could come
down here and do well. Don't worry about the fat, climbers on Everest show up
like doughboys before taking on the Mountain. I lose a pound a day on a big
hike or climb without counting water lose.  PS. Gramma Gatewood would be
known as " Gramma Deadwood " if she would had made it over to the Sierras
with her 20 lb. " Laundry Bag " . Things on the AT are not as high, cold or
remote as the PCT. As a fellow hiker just E-mailed me, Bishop looks like a
scene from " One Flew over the Cucko's Nest " in early June with all the
Ultras waiting out the last snowflake in the Sierras. The Boy Scouts had it
right 50 years ago. ( Be prepared )